A comprehensive guide on how to register, apply for helb loan online and where to submit your application forms.
What is HELB Loan?
Helb loan is a government of Kenya loan given to students in TVET, College or University to support their education financial needs and expenditure.
The maximum amount of HELB loan you can get is KES. 50,000
Who is Eligible to apply for HELB Loan
- Any student placed by KUCCPS to private or public universities in Kenya
- Any self sponsored student doing bachelor’s degree only
- Students studying in approved TVET institutions in Kenya
- You must have a national ID
NOTE: You cannot apply with waiting card or birth certificate. You must have an National ID.
How to apply for HELB Loan
To apply for HELB Loan follow the procedure below;
- Visit: Helb Portal
- To begin your registration enter your ID and First Name
- After you have completed the registration process, login
- Select first time undergraduate loan
- Fill the online application form carefully. Do not make any mistake because it may cost you. You can edit your form any time before you print it. You can ask your brother, sister or parent to go through the form to confirm whether there is any error.
- After you have completed filling the form, print it.
- Take it to your parents or guardian, priest or kadhi, assistant chief, magistrate and guarantor to sign.
- Attach the following Bank card, KRA pin, copy of your ID, parent’s ID copy, Passport size photo, guarantors copies of ID, admission letter copy and result slip
If you have all the documents with you and your HELB form has been filled you can now submit it.
NOTE: Have two copies of the filled HELB form. Submit one and remain with one.
Where to submit HELB Loan application form
You can submit your HELB Loan application form at Huduma Center near you or at HELB headquarters, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi.
Helb Loan contacts
You can reach helb customer care through;
- Phone: 0722052000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: University Way, Anniversary Towers , Nairobi
Important! If you don’t want your HELB Loan to be rejected ensure that your names are matching, your guarantors do not have any outstanding helb debts, your school details are correct and you have submitted the form in time.